Steamer still doesn’t like Jon Lester, projecting him for a 3.48 ERA, 1.22 WHIP, and just 6 IP per start the rest of the way. Matched up against the division leading Angels, Lester has fallen to about league average in our rankings. I’d put him 6th or 7th among Saturday’s starters.
- Also on Saturday, Jacob deGrom is back! Unfortunately he faces the Dodgers and will be opposed by Zack Greinke so if your ratios are close and you don’t need the Ks, I’m benching him.
- On Sunday, Kyle Gibson ranks dead last in his start against Max Scherzer and the Tigers, but I’m more optimistic. There’s a ton of risk here as Gibson has had some great starts (1 ER in 7.2 IP @HOU, 3 ER in 7 IP @CHW, 0 ER in 7 IP @KC) and some blow-ups (5 ER in 5.1 IP vs. CLE, 5 ER in 5 IP @OAK, 6 ER in 6.1 IP vs. TB) in his last six starts. Detroit would be a blow-up candidate, but Gibson is an extreme ground ball pitcher who’s seen his 2nd half K rate rise (15.7% vs. 12.5% in the 1st half), so I like his overall package. I would only roll with him in deeper leagues, though.
- On Monday, Francisco Liriano tops the rankings on a day devoid of aces. Liriano is no stranger to ranking number one, though, and the rankings have been right more often than not when he’s concerned. I’ll believe them here, too!
For Friday’s rankings, click here.
For an explanation of how these rankings were calculated, click here.
These rankings account for atmospheric conditions with data provided by BaseballVMI.com.
While Park Factors account for the yearly average air density at a ballpark, they don’t account for game-by-game changes, which BaseballVMI.com tracks. With this data, our rankings are now more accurate than ever! If you’re interested in exploring what BaseballVMI.com can do for your fantasy roster, check out their fantasy package.
How to Read These Rankings
- Stmr: Projected ROS ERA from Steamer
- Rating: 100 is average and higher is better
- IP/K/ERA/WHIP: Projected stats for the game in question
- W%/L%: Likelihood of the SP picking up a Win or Loss
- PTS: Projected points total in points leagues
Trouble viewing the embedded rankings? Click here to see them!