Yesterday I was unable to enter any DraftKings lineups do to a busy work schedule, so let’s look back to Tuesday for a moment — weather killed me. My GPP lineup was chock full of Indians and then bad weather struck, so I took a bunch of zeros. Thankfully I only entered the one lineup on the day because I knew I wouldn’t be able to get back and check right before 7:00 pm EST start times, but the low score still hurts nonetheless.
Tuesday’s Official Lineup (click to enlarge)
On Thursday we have a shortened slate with just six late-entry game to choose from. Weather is questionable in the CIN@COL game, but for now I’m declaring all games ripe for picking due to the limited number of options.
Click here for our FAQ and disclaimer
Thursday’s Official DraftKings Lineup
Note: Lineup subject to change due to weather and released MLB lineups. Check back before contest lineups lock for our final lineup.
- C: Devin Mesoraco (CIN) @ J. De La Rosa (COL) — $4,800
- 1B: Adam LaRoche (WAS) @ D. Gee (NYM) — $4,100
- 2B: Hidden
- 3B: Todd Frazier (CIN) @ J. De La Rosa (COL) –$4,700
- SS: Jhonny Peralta (STL) vs. E. Stults (SD) — $3,800
- OF: Bryce Harper (WAS) @ G. Gee (NYM) — $3,600
- OF: Khris Negron (CIN) @ J. De La Rosa (COL) — $3,300
- OF: Hidden
- SP: Stephen Strasburg (WAS) @ D. Gee (NYM) — $9,600
- SP: Hidden
With just 12 pitchers to choose from and limited offensive selections, the smart thing to do is go with the high-priced ace. In the end there’s little point in saving money on your pitchers because there just aren’t enough high-priced batters to spend on, so take your money and invest it in pitching. Strasburg at the Mets for under $10K is a pretty solid buy despite Strasburg’s last start.
Jorge De La Rosa struggles against RHB (.348 wOBA compared to .223 vs LHB) and the game is in Coors, so I wanted to get as many of Cincinnati’s good righties into my lineup as possible. Unfortunately this is the Reds we’re talking about and they really only have two: Mesoraco and Frazier. I tossed in Negron for good measure as he could bat leadoff, but I’ll reevaluate that pick if he isn’t (I could still keep it).
Peralta is slashing .333/.363/.408 over his last 10 games and while he doesn’t have any significant LHP/RHP splits, I still like the matchup of him against Stults, especially given the dearth of shortstop options today.
Washington presents an interesting stacking opportunity against Dillon Gee because of how affordable some of their bats are. LaRoche at just $4.1K and Harper at $3.6K are great mid-range upside options. LaRoche has averaged 10.9 points over his last 10 games with mixed results against Gee (5-for-25 but 2 HR), and Harper is starting to pull his weight with two 19-point games and a 10 point game in his last six. Similar options to Harper at the same price include Kevin Kiermaier, Ryan Ludwick, Lucas Duda, Jon Jay, Robbie Grossman, and Drew Stubbs. Duda is the only name I like as much but he’s facing Strasburg. Harper is the pick in the outfield today.
Safe Matchups for H2H and Double-Up Play
If you only need to finish in the top 50%, safer plays are the way to go.
- C: Miguel Montero (ARI) @ B. Penny (MIA) — $3,700
- 1B: Justin Morneau (COL) vs. A. Simon (CIN) — $4,500
- 2B: Ben Zobrist (TB) @ R. Ross (TEX) — $4,900
- 3B: Evan Longoria (TB) @ R. Ross (TEX) — $4,400
- SS: Asdrubal Cabrera (WAS) @ D. Gee (NYM) – $3,600
- OF: Giancarlo Stanton (MIA) vs. C. Anderson (ARI) — $5,500
- OF: Corey Dickerson (COL) vs. A. Simon (CIN) — $4,600
- OF: Denard Span (WAS) @ D. Gee (NYM) — $4,000
- SP: John Lackey (STL) vs. E. Stults (SD) — $8,400
- SP: Jake Odorizzi (TB) @ R. Ross (TEX) — $8,300
High-Risk, High-Upside Matchups for Multi-Player Play
You don’t win the big bucks without hitting on a few lottery ticket picks!
- C: Jose Lobaton (WAS) @ D. Gee (NYM) — $2,300
- 1B: Jon Singleton (HOU) @ A. Webster (BOS) — $3,800
- 2B: Jedd Gyorko (SD) @ J. Lackey (STL) — $3,200
- 3B: Jake Lamb (ARI) @ B. Penny (MIA) — $1,800
- SS: Ian Desmond (WAS) @ D. Gee (NYM) — $4,100
- OF: Ryan Ludwick (CIN) @ J. De La Rosa (COL) — $3,600
- OF: Ender Inciarte (ARI) @ B. Penny (MIA) — $3,000
- OF: David Peralta (ARI) @ B. Penny (MIA) — $3,900
- SP: Allen Webster (BOS) vs. S. Feldman (HOU) — $5,600
- SP: Chase Anderson (ARI) @ B. Penny (MIA) — $7,100